[Cuis-dev] [Cuis] [ANN] Cuis-SecureSocket

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 04:44:34 CST 2015

I was just cleaning up some networking code and found that one of the
things I was doing is now getting a redirect to a SSL page.  Imagine my
 surprise when I found that Cuis kinda, sorta, almost handled it
automatically (it did try!)... but I didn't have SecureSocket loaded.
 I was even more pleasantly surprised  to find that David had so kindly
ported it a while back.  And recent Cog VMs have the SSL plugin.  One
remaining issue appears to be an impedance mismatch between Protocols-
HTTP and Cuis-SecureSocket.

In HTTPClient>>sslConnect it has a problem right away:
sqSSL := Smalltalk
		at: #TLSSocket
		ifAbsent: [ self error: 'SecureSocket is missing' ].

Is anyone familiar enough with both projects to suggest the best way to
proceed to get them to play nice?  (or are there larger issues that are
likely to prevent it?)  I can hack my way through it if needed but
figured I'd ask to see if anyone has already looked at this issue
before...

Thanks,
Phil

P.S. it is wonderful to finally have client and server side code
residing together (and mostly working!) in Cuis along with everything
else I've got going on.  It's paradise, I tell you!